The Conference is under the direction of a committee of leading microbiologists who lend their guidance and support to program development.
- Dr. Al Dufour, US EPA
- Dr. Nicholas Ashbolt, University of Alberta
- Dr. Keith Bourgeous, Carollo Engineers
- Dr. Charles Gerba, University of Arizona
- Dr. John Griffith, Southern California Coastal Water Research Project
- Dr. Valerie J. (Jody) Harwood, University of South Florida
- Dr. David Kay, Aberystwth University
- Dr. Joan Rose, Michigan State University
- Dr. Marion Savill, Affordable Water Ltd.
- Dr. Gary Sayler, University of Tennessee
- Jay Swift, PE Gray & Osborne
- Dr. Huw Taylor, University of Brighton
- Dr. Gary Toranzos, University of Puerto Rico
UNC’s internal management of the Water Microbiology Conference is led by the following faculty members.
- Dr. Mark Sobsey, Professor, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, UNC
- Dr. Jamie Bartram, Professor, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, UNC
- Dr. Rachel Noble, Professor, Institute of Marine Sciences, UNC
- Dr. Jill Stewart, Assistant Professor, Environmental Sciences and Engineering, UNC