Director of the Water Institute
Don and Jennifer Holzworth
Gillings School of Global Public Health
University of North Carolina
at Chapel Hill
Dr. Bartram works at the interfaces of water (including sanitation and hygiene) and health – especially the links between science, policy and practice, in both developing and developed countries. His interests include technologies for urban sanitation renewal; management systems for drinking-water safety and rural drinking-water supply; emerging issues (including water scarcity and climate change) and their impacts on system sustainability; health system activities on water and sanitation; and sector capacity issues such as monitoring, the costs and impacts of interventions and effective regulation and financing. Dr. Bartram is author of more than 80 academic papers; author or editor of 49 books and author of more than 50 book chapters.
- Global Monitoring of Water Supply and Sanitation: History, Methods and Future Challenges. Bartram, Jamie, Clarissa Brocklehurst, Michael B Fisher, et al.
- Fecal Contamination of Drinking-Water in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Bain, Robert, Ryan Cronk, et al.
- Country Clustering Applied to the Water and Sanitation Sector: A New Tool with Potential Applications in Research and Policy. Onda, Kyle, Jonny Crocker, et al.
- Benefits of Water Safety Plans: Microbiology, Compliance, and Public Health. Gunnarsdottir, Maria J, Sigurdur M Gardarsson, et al.
- Toxic cyanobacteria in water: A guide to their public health consequences, monitoring and management. I Chorus, J Bartram.
- Estimating the burden of disease from water, sanitation, and hygiene at a global level. A Prüss, D Kay, L Fewtrell, J Bartram.
- Domestic Water Quantity. G Howard, J Bartram. Service Level and Health (Geneva: World Health Organization)
- ENVR 683 Water-Health Research I
- ENVR 890-004 Writing for WaSH Publication
- ENVR 684 Water-Health Research II
- ENVR 890-007 Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Global Health (will change to ENVR 682 in Spring 2016)
Rosenau Hall 144
135 Dauer Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27599