The Water Institute at UNC
Mike Fisher joined the Water Institute in 2012. His current work with the Institute focuses on leveraging monitoring, learning, and evaluation to maximize the impact of water, sanitation, and hygiene (WaSH) interventions. His research and fieldwork experiences have included work on developing, implementing, and evaluating technologies for low-cost water treatment and safe water access. This work has spanned rural and urban developing country settings on four continents.
- Fisher, M.B.; Keenan, C.R.; Nelson, K.L.; Voelker, B.M.; et al.; Speeding up Solar Disinfection: Effects of hydrogen peroxide, temperature, pH, and copper plus ascorbate on the photoinactivation of E. coli in river water.; 2008; J Wat Health; 6(1): 35-51.
- Fisher, M.B.; Love, D.C.; Sheuch, R.; Nelson, K.L.; et al.; Simulated sunlight action spectra for inactivation of MS2 and PRD1 bacteriophages in clear water.; 2011; Environmental Science and Technology; 45(21): 9249-55
- Fisher, M.B.; Iriarte, M.; Nelson, K.L.; Solar disinfection (SODIS) of E. coli, Enterococcus, and MS2 phage: effects of additives and alternative container materials.; 2012; Water Research; 46(6):1745-54
- Fisher, M.B.; Keane, D. A; Fernández-Ibáñez, P.; Colreavy, J.; Hinder, S.; McGuigan, K.G.; Pillai, S.; Nitrogen and copper doped solar light active TiO2 photocatalysts for water decontamination.; 2012; Appl Cat B; 130-131:8-13
- Fisher, M.B.; Nelson, K.L.; Inactivation of Escherichia coli by Polychromatic Simulated Sunlight: Evidence for and Implications of a Fenton Mechanism Involving Iron, Hydrogen Peroxide, and Superoxide.; 2014; Appl Environ Microbiol; 80(3):935-42
- Bartram, J.; Brocklehurst, C.; Fisher, M.B.; Luyendijk, R.; Hossain, R.; Wardlaw, T.; and Gordon, B.; Global Monitoring of Water Supply and Sanitation: History, Methods and Future Challenges. ; 2014; Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health; 11(8):8137-8165